Monday, July 9, 2007

Catching Up

I hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th holiday. I didn't take any extra time off from work, but I got out of my routine with the holiday being in the middle of the week. I did enjoy that extra day though.

On July 4th my daughter and I spent a fantastic day at Lake Lure, N.C. It's an hour from our home and we just love it up there. Lake Lure is a man-made lake tucked in the mountains of western N.C. near Asheville. The bottom of the lake is pure comfort to my feet. It isn't mushy and muddy. It's a very comfortable sandy bottom which also exfoliates my feet for me! A good bit of "Dirty Dancing" was filmed there 20 + years ago. Lake Lure is beautiful, with a nice beach and a small waterpark area for children. You can also rent boats; from pedal boats to pontoons. We packed a nice lunch, sunscreen, magazines, paperbacks, floats, towels and grabbed the picnic blanket by the door. It was a very relaxing day and we both enjoyed it. It was what she calls "Mama and Ellet time".


While there, I got the most perfect picture of Miss Tottus laying on the blanket. This is Ellet, in her element.

fake Chanel earrings: $25.00

real Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses: $200.00

tattered Miller High Life cap begged off of your brother: Priceless


After I took the picture it just struck me how funny this was; two designer accessories and a beer cap! She's 16. What can I say?!! (...and before I forget, you've gotta read Christy's post titled "Independence" last week. Too cute!)


I've been working on some aprons and purses that will be ready for the Etsy shop this week, and I'll be anxious to see what ya'll think about them.

Also, I'm going to start a weekly giveaway of fabric in an attempt to whittle down my stash while making your stash grow! So watch for that to begin.

And thank ya'll for the kind comments about my Etsy shop. I do appreciate it very much.

8 comments:

Vallen said...

Teenagers are just so fascinating. It's wonderful that you get to spend time together.

Mama Said Sew said...

Sounds like you two had a great time at the lake. It looks really nice. Dirty Dancing is one of my all time favorite movies so I enjoyed the little bit of trivia.

Thanks for mentioning my blog. Can't wait to see what you're putting in the shop! :)

Mrs.Kwitty said...

A day at the beach with your daughter--so nice!! She is QUITE the eclectic fashionista, lol! Can't wait to see the new stuff.

Oh, you should put one of those Etsy minis in your sidebar! That way we can see what's in your shop while we read your blog.

Smiles, Karen

LeeAnn said...

That sounds like a great place to relax. The photo really shows a great example of teenager shabby chic!

I can't wait to see what you are making. I am in the middle of my summer crafting dooldrums. I need to make a few more skirts before the summer is over.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful lake to relax by! Love that mountain view :)

kayla said...

Ooh, a giveaway! I hope I'm lucky!

I wanted to reply to your comment over on my blog, but it doesn't give me your email address. But thanks for the comment--I think my fleece blankets might become dusting/fur collecting cloths!

comfortable said...

Wow the lake looks packed! magazines are my favorite to read when I'm at the beach just lounging :)

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the baltimore panel from. I have some and looking for more and border to finish a quilt.

Anita